Does your child have a special educational need or disability?

The law says that a child/young person has special educational needs if they have learning difficulties of disabilities that make it harder for them to learn than most children/young people of the same age. Special Educational Needs could mean that a child has difficulty with any of the following:

• reading, writing, number work

• understanding information

• expressing themselves

• understanding what others are saying

• making friends or relating to adults

• a physical need which may affect them in school

• a sensory impairment (sight, hearing, etc.)

More information:
Does your child or young person have SEND?

We have produced this self-help guide to answer a few of our most common enquiries from families.

Self-Help Guide for Families