What we do:
We provide free confidential and impartial, information, advice and support for parents / carers, children and young people through:
• A telephone advice line
• A dedicated confidential e-mail address
• Support at meetings as and when appropriate
• Information, advice and support in relation to school admissions, exclusions and appeals
• Drop-in sessions at Hackney Ark for parents/carers.
• Drop-in sessions at Forest Road Youth Centre for young people.
• Knowledge is Power information sessions for parents / carers and for young people
We help you:
• By listening to your views and concerns
• By working with you to explore your options
• To find the confidence to express your views
• With preparation for meetings
• By helping you think about your contribution to any assessments
• With dealing with forms, letters and reports regarding SEN
• To understand your rights in relation to SEN and Disability
• To attend parent support groups and forums
• To work in partnership with schools, colleges and early years settings and the local authority to develop positive relationships
• By signposting you to other relevant local and national services for information, advice and support
I am the Senior Adviser for Hackney SENDIAGS. My role is to lead on the daily delivery of our service. This includes helping parents, children and young people with their SEN matters, supporting members of the team and working with people from other services. Outside of work I enjoy walking, swimming and travelling.
My Name is Jenny Mbombo, I am an Advisor offering free, confidential, and impartial information, guidance, advice and support to parents/carers of children with special educational needs (SEN) and or a disability and young people with SEN and or a disabilities. I enjoy going to the gym, sauna and visiting new places.
Caseworker (3 days per week)
Head of Service
My role includes talking to families about how well our service is helping them and working on our website. I also talk to families on the phone, by email and at drop-ins to provide information and support. Outside of work I enjoy reading. One of my favourite books is Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones.